Panda Internet Security 2014 is back with an impressive list of tools and features. It has impressed in tests and reviews and is now one of the best internet security software programs. One of its outstanding features is cloud-based security that has demonstrated an ability to provide close to 100% protection.
Malware (malicious software) is one of the biggest threats online and it comes in different forms such as viruses, spyware, worms, Trojans, rootkits and keyloggers. Panda has the tools to fight these threats and as seen in previous results, it processed 19.9 million new malware threats in the first 9 months of 2011. And in total it has processed over 200 million malware files.
These are impressive statistics and one of the reasons it is in the top rankings of internet security software products.
Panda has good detection and removal capabilities. They have been tested by AV-Test and have passed all tests and have also been approved by AV-Comparatives. The AV-Test results show that they have an average protection rate of 5.3/6, or 89%, and is higher than the industry average.
The AV-Comparatives test show that they score above the industry average in repair at 79%. And they have been given a protection score of 98.6% in a recent 2011 report.
Panda cloud security is one the features that make it effective and this is assisted by the heuristic and behavioural analysis to detect and defeat unknown and offline threats. And it analyses behaviour to detect if a website or file is carrying any malware.
- Panda Internet Security 2014 includes many tools and some of them include a safe browser, parental controls and a rescue CD.
- It has a technology called Collective Intelligence, which is a cloud based system that detects, scans and classifies thousands of malware samples daily.
- It has parental that help protect your family and children online
- Panda has a good antivirus software program that works with the firewall to provide maximum protection for your PC
- It has tools for protecting your identity online and keeping it away from the hands of criminals and hackers
- The virtual keyword in the software is for protection from keyloggers that are designed to capture your computer keystrokes.
- It has the Panda Safe Browser tool that works with Internet explorer and Firefox and can be used to visit any website safely.
- Panda does not include a tool to scan links in social media sites like Facebook and Twitter
- You have to upgrade to their Global Protection plan to receive such features as file encryption and shredding
Panda has all the features you need to protect your family, network and personal information. Besides the features and tools mentioned above, it has many other ones to provide protection at all levels.
It has the ability to scan USB drives for malware threats . It can scan files on a USB drive, emails, instant messages and websites.
Another powerful tool it has is Panda SafeCD that can safely remove malware programs on your computer if you can’t get access to Microsoft Windows.
Help & Support
Panda only provide support via email but they offer loads of information online to help with your software and PC security. They have some telephone numbers but they are for sales enquiries and not technical support. So if you encounter a problem and need to contact support, you may have to wait for a response from their team.
Fortunately, they provide a wealth of information on their website and this comes in the form of a knowledgebase, a quick start guide, and FAQs. And they have an active user forum where you can meet other users and get answers to any questions you have.